Bonds Heavy Castings previously employed 77 people at the Dawes Lane site, which was well known for manufacturing high-integrity steel and high-chrome iron castings.
The Bonds Heavy Castings business is currently being wound down by the Joint Administrators, whilst it finalises a number of outstanding contracts, but is expected to close in the next three months.
Duncan Willey, the Divisional Director for PPH Commercial in North Lincolnshire, believes it is ideally suited to heavy industrial uses such as engineering, manufacturing and or waste or energy-related companies.
Mr Willey said: “This is currently the single largest industrial property available in North Lincolnshire and offers great potential to purchase a substantial property which is suitable for various uses, subject to consent.
“The site area is 20.62 acres so there is scope for further development and for more outside storage capacity.
“It already benefits from large-scale electricity and gas supplies, together with a range of cranes and a 50-tonne weighbridge, which make it a very attractive proposition.
“We have already received a number of positive enquiries about the property even though we have only just commenced marketing this week.”
The Dawes Lane site, which dates back more than 100 years, was originally built as a munition factory.
On November 9, 1917, the Sheffield-based John Brown and Co signed a lease for the land to build a steel foundry.
It was snapped up in 2016 by the Durham-based Bondshold Group with the help of a £500,000 development grant from the British Steel Support Fund. In previous years, it has been operated by Firth Brown, Firth Rixon and Bradken.
PPH Commercial have been instructed jointly with Avison Young, of Leeds, to market the freehold property on behalf of the Joint Administrators of Bonds Heavy Castings Limited, Clare Boardman and Adrian Berry of Deloitte LLP.